ELISIO Dialyzer from Nipro – Superior Clearances for better patient outcomes.
Integrated Biomedical Technology (IBT) offers innovative test strips for bleach, chlorine peroxide, peracetic acid, pH, water hardness, and glutaraldehyde.
Myron L’s D-6™ offers professional, comprehensive water and dialysate quality analysis in the palm of your hand.
Order your FREE SAMPLE of the Dravon A-Clamp. When It Comes to Safe Occluding, We’ve Got a Handle On It.
|See Other Daily Highlights ▶|
Dialysis Products & Services
Since January 1999, RenalWEB has been the premier Internet location for information on dialysis-related products and services. Features include:
Wednesday, Feb. 19, 2020
Late Breaking News
- Thousands of Uninsured Kidney Disease Patients Strain Texas Emergency Departments
Press release from the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston. Free, full-text research letter from JAMA Network Open.
- Fresenius Medical Says Q4 Operating Profit Up 3%
Article from Reuters.
- Benefits and Risks of Frequent or Longer Hemodialysis: Weighing the Evidence
Free, full-text, Advance Article from NDT.
- NKF Applauds Administration’s Focus on Kidney Health
- Increasing Organ Donation in the United States
Article from The Regulatory Review.
- New FY 2020 NIDDK Award Funding Policy Includes Improved Paylines
News brief from Kidney News Online. The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) conducts and supports basic and clinical research on many of the most serious diseases affecting public health.
- More Meeting News from the Annual Dialysis Conference
Articles from Healio.
- Influencers Suggest No-Fluid Diets As Way To ‘Reset’ Your Kidneys. Experts Say: Don’t Do This.
News summary from Kaiser Health News. Article from Los Angeles Times.
- There’s an App for That: Calculating the Dose of Dialysis, the Free Adequator App
Posting from the Renal Fellow Network blog.
- Gut Microbiota Generation of Protein-Bound Uremic Toxins and Related Metabolites Is Not Altered at Different Stages of Chronic Kidney Disease.
Free, full-text, Article in Press from Kidney International.
- Glucose Exposure in Peritoneal Dialysis Is a Significant Factor Predicting Peritonitis
Free, full-text, Online First article from American Journal of Nephrology.
- Free, Full-Text, OnlineFirst Articles from Peritoneal Dialysis International:
- Development and Validation of an Application for Follow-up of Patients Undergoing Dialysis: NefroPortátil
Article in Press abstract from Journal of Renal Nutrition.
- Pregnancy-Related Acute Kidney Injury: Mortality and Survival of Patients Treated at a Maternal Intensive Care Unit
Online First abstract from Journal of Nephrology.
- Pediatric Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (PCRRT) Expert Committee Recommendation on Prescribing Prolonged Intermittent Renal Replacement Therapy (PIRRT) in Critically Ill Children
Early View abstract from Hemodialysis International.
- Sodium-Glucose Cotransporter 2 Inhibitors Protect the Heart
Article from HealthDay.
- Physical Activity Tied to Lower Risk of Kidney Disease
(Registration required, but free.) Article from Reuters via Medscape Nephrology.
- For Most People Infected With Coronavirus, Symptoms Will Be Mild. So What’s Happening In The Extreme Cases?
News summary from Kaiser Health News.
- Price Hikes Have Patients Turning to Craigslist for Insulin, Asthma Inhalers
Article from HealthDay.
- Hospital Workers Launch Protests for Higher Wages, Say They Can’t Afford Health Care
Article from The Hill.
Dialysis Care Reform
- The Golden Age of Dialysis Care (2019)
- The Dialysis Machine
by Anne Kim
- John Oliver on U.S. Dialysis Care (YouTube video)
- Why U.S. Dialysis Care Has Been Stagnant
- Understanding Tassin
- Nephrologists Can’t Have It Both Ways (2015)
- Ten Issues Nephrologists Do Not Want To Discuss with Dialysis Patients (2014)
- The Missing Half of Excellence in
Dialysis Care 2013)
- Human-Centered Care (2013)
- New Views (2008)