RPC’s unique test strip Certi-Chek™ program saves you time and money – from the leading test strip vendor for dialys
The Value of Heat Disinfect in Dialysis whitepaper from AmeriWater provides in-depth data on this effective process..
B Braun’s Dialog™ sets new standards for safety, efficiency and reliability.
Don’t trip on acid! No more spilling, sliding or slick dangerous floors Mr. Acid!
|See Other Daily Highlights ▶|
Dialysis Products & Services
Since January 1999, RenalWEB has been the premier Internet location for information on dialysis-related products and services. Features include:
Tuesday, Jan. 28, 2020
Late Breaking News
- Northwest Kidney Centers Names Rebecca Cofinas Fox President and CEO
- UL Study Reveals ‘Identical’ Survival for Kidney Dialysis Patients Using Different Treatments
Press release from the University of Limerick. Free, full-text, Advance Article from NDT.
- ASN Leader Proposes Solutions to National Organ Shortage
Article from Kidney News Online. Addressing the Organ-Donation Crisis (13-page pdf) proposal from the Day One Project web site.
- Forced Organ Harvesting: “This Is Beyond Understanding”
Article from Health Europa.
- To Include or Not Include: Renal Dialysis Policy in the Era of Universal Health Coverage
Free, full-text article from The BMJ.
- Randomized Controlled Trial of Difelikefalin for Chronic Pruritus in Hemodialysis Patients
Free, full-text, Article in Press from Kidney International Reports.
- Simple Test Identifies Patients at High Risk for Future Dialysis or Transplant
Press release from UCSF. New Online abstract from JAMA Internal Medicine.
- Anion Gap Predicts Early Mortality after Starting Hemodialysis in the Elderly
First Online abstract from Clinical and Experimental Nephrology.
- Safety and Efficacy of Using Nuts to Improve Bowel Health in Hemodialysis Patients
Article in Press abstract from Journal of Renal Nutrition.
- Accepted Articles Abstracts from Therapeutic Apheresis and Dialysis:
- Oral Bisphosphonate Use and All-Cause Mortality in Patients with Moderate? Severe (Grade 3B-5D) Chronic Kidney Disease: a Population-Based Cohort Study
Accepted Article abstract from Journal of Bone and Mineral Research.
- Histamine: An Unexpected Defender against Heart and Kidney Damage
Press release from the University of Tsukuba.
- Blood Pressure Drug Linked to Lower Risk of Gout
Press release from Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.
- Articles from Medscape Nephrology (registration required):
- FDA Announces Key Actions to Advance Development of Novel Coronavirus Medical Countermeasures
FDA news release.
- Health Plans Expect to Offer Generic Drugs by 2022
Article from HFMA.
Dialysis Care Reform
- The Golden Age of Dialysis Care (2019)
- The Dialysis Machine
by Anne Kim
- John Oliver on U.S. Dialysis Care (YouTube video)
- Why U.S. Dialysis Care Has Been Stagnant
- Understanding Tassin
- Nephrologists Can’t Have It Both Ways (2015)
- Ten Issues Nephrologists Do Not Want To Discuss with Dialysis Patients (2014)
- The Missing Half of Excellence in
Dialysis Care 2013)
- Human-Centered Care (2013)
- New Views (2008)